Monday, April 20, 2009

Patriots Day at Fenway

DSC00471

I took 48 photos at the game today. We had fantastic seats, in a field box right behind the on-deck circle, four rows from the field. We bought the tickets in a charity auction last year and have been eagerly awaiting today's game. The Sox didn't disappoint: the final score was 12-1, with a thrilling 7th inning in which they scored 7 runs with 2 outs. The photo above shows Dustin Pedroia hitting a double in that inning.

The moment I wish I could show was before the game even started. Being Patriots Day, they invited 3 families of fallen soldiers to collectively throw out the first pitch. There were 3 young mothers with their tiny, fatherless children, and as each was introduced my heart broke for their unimaginable losses. I stood in Fenway Park and let the tears roll down my cheeks. It wasn't a moment I could photograph but I don't think that image will leave me for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment